Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

me + exercising: a story

| | 1 comments


I've been swimmer for the past twelve years of my life. I have learned the art of hard work in the pool, doing dry land, sometimes running, often lifting, and the scarfing down all the food in sight around me. I should be able to carry this mentality into the post season, right? Sometime after a two week break of doing nothing and eating everything I couldn't before, I should be able to hop in the pool or at least drag my but to the gym, right?

Nope. Exercising and I, we are not good friends. We barely like each other. And I need exercising more than exercising needs me. Now food, food I love. We've had a not so healthy relationship for years. But anyway, exercising and me. I would love to be a runner and go for an hour at some obscene pace. But no, no, I'm lucky if I make myself go to the gym more than once a week. There's nothing I like enough to stick to it. I don't even like swimming that much, so don't ask me how I've lasted.

But. This summer, I'm going to change. Especially for when I go to Madrid in the Fall (oh yeah, study abroad!). I want to be a success story gosh darnit! I don't know how, but if you see me complaining about pain in my legs, it's probably because I'm really trying. I will have a firm butt by the time I'm dancing it off in October!

1 comments:

  1. Nice new blog again. I'm going to try to, lets chronicle our failed attempts at exercise!

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance