Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

trying for the skinny cat lady look

| | 1 comments
Conversations with my mother since coming home two days ago.

Me: (after jumping on my sister's back) Ha, heavier than I look huh?
Mom: (scoffing) No, you're not.
Me: Rude!
Mom: No it's not. It's the truth.

and

Mom: What did you eat today?
Me: *explains three meals + two snacks*
Mom: I think someone needs to cut out the snacks.
Me: Nah-uh! You're supposed to eat five meals a day! Three big ones, two snacks!
Mom: Clearly that hasn't been working out for you.

I know. Typical conversations. Oh, let me throw in the brief one I had with my swim coach before leaving.

Coach: What are you plans for the summer?
Me: Just work, I need to make money.
Coach: Yeah.. you better be getting to the gym too.


Sheesh. So much for loving my body just the way it is. Anyhow, I know I've gained some weight/ gotten flubbier since the end of the swim season, My pants don't fit, my waist has expanded, and I feel more sluggish. I get it. I basically did everything they tell you not to do in college to avoid the freshman 15 and then the sophomore 20. I stayed up to all hours of the night; I ate junk food; I ate dining hall food; I couldn't avoid the deserts; I made it to the gym maybe once a week if I was lucky.
I wanna look likeee... you!
I. Get. It. I made my bed and now I'm lying in it. I've worked out twice, and I'm monitoring my food intake somewhat. I made pictures with Weight Mirror as inspiration of my new bod ten, fifteen, twenty, thirty pounds lighter (believe it or not, this 5'3" frame could lose sixty pounds and still be in a healthy range). Shannon from Shenanigans Rose has a weight loss goal of around fifteen pounds this summer. I agree. I just want my abs and legs to look like they did in high school--and even then I wasn't skinny. But I'm seeing the beginnings of cellulite or some sort of flabby stretching thing on my thighs--and that is not okay. And I tried on shorts in J.Crew the other day--heinous.

Anyway, I told you about my exercising story a little while ago, and now that I'm home without anything to do but work and work out, I'm determined. So far I've made it...two days in a row working out for at least an hour. Points for the #TeamLazy.

1 comments:

  1. Question? Do we have the same mom? Also I'm glad we are both trying to be fit that way we can both stay motivated.

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance