Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

on why house parties aren't that great

| | 2 comments
I know, I know. College, University life--all about the partayyysss. Kind of. You know, besides the diploma thing, college is about spreading your social wings and exploring your new found independence away from the overly protective eye of your parents. Except, and I love my college it bits, the whole social thing at night is really not all it's cracked up to be. For example, my nights going to house parties. Usually a gigantic waste of time. Why? Let me lay it out in a list for you.
"Skins," so deceiving. Reality is not this attractive looking.
1) The Walk. I'm lazy, so it had better be a pretty good party if I'm going to walk all the way off campus just to go. And my school's small, the house parties aren't that far away. But think of it this way. At least on the East Coast, the nights are chilly about 90% of the time. Girls are expected to show a little skin for going out--you know, a cute dress or top--and often times like to throw in heels for good measure. For what? Goosebumps, freezing bums, and walking for a party that might be busted as soon as you get to the front street.

2) The People. I'm not saying the people are bad by any means. What I'm saying is that people, no matter how sweaty they can prevent themselves from being, are going to get very moist very quickly in a house so small with a crowd so large. When you enter the house and you brush against someone who's been there for a while, you're guaranteed a little swipe of sweat as a souvenir. Gross.

3) The Noise. I probably won't ever go to a rave. And if I do, I'll probably have to be on ecstasy to enjoy it. The thing with house parties is that the noise level is so high, you can barely think straight let alone try and have a conversation with anyone. Also the music is hardly ever good.

4) The Dirtiness. Again, the people and house may normally be quite clean, but add in a bunch of sweaty people, thing start getting dirty right away. The floors are gross. There's beer spilled on the ground mixed with who knows what else. The bathroom is usually a little gross, especially when toilet paper runs out.

5) The Cops. At least in my college town, the cops bust parties left and right if there's anything going on. And then people start getting rude because they get panicky. "Get the F*** out!" starts getting yelled along with "Shut the F*** UP!" Real pleasant way to spend an evening.

Over all, if I want to be social, I'd much rather hang out and talk while eating and drinking yummy things like pita chips while watching a stupid movie or just listening to good music. If I want to dance, then I'd rather get all dressed up and go to a club or something fun. House parties, not so much.

2 comments:

  1. Soooooo true!
    Love the photo collage!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  2. I super agree with you about parties at school. Also, Skins is amazing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance