Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

that moment...

| | 0 comments
I'm old. I guess I'm not that old. But it feels like time has flown by. Especially the last two years. When I was a high school senior getting ready to start my career at the college I'm at now, I couldn't imagine all the things that have happened in the passed two years happening. Does that make sense? I'm getting a little sentimental right now. It's one o'clock in the morning, I have my one and only final tomorrow at noon, and I'm starting to slow down a little to realize just what's going on. Without going in to too much detail and getting all gushy, let me go in to what I've done.

Went to South Korea. At the time it seriously didn't seem like a huge, crazy thing. But on reflection, I can't stop thinking about it. I got a program made at my school to allow me to study in Seoul for the summer. I got on a plane and traveled to a country where I didn't speak the language by myself. And I can't wait to go back.

Had a job I liked. I worked retail at a high end brand's outlet store, and I loved it. Sure I was super awkward at first and my skills at selling things was rough at first, but I loved it. I loved dressing up. I loved talking to people. I loved not watching a pool or blowing the whistle at stupid kids... How many people can say they had a part time job they actually liked?

Actually kissed someone. Don't judge. I'm not going to talk about it in detail right now but seriously when most people kiss someone at least by age thirteen, things start really looking desperate when you're seventeen without a kiss to talk about. It gets a little worse circa eighteen. And finally kissing someone, albeit not romantic but funny, was a bit of an accomplishment. It let me know I may not be completely doomed to future lonely, cat lady tendencies.


Joined a sorority. Seriously, ask anyone I knew in high school. Me. A sorority. Joining. I know, I know. I did though. This semester I joined a sorority, and I've been loving every minute of it ever since. I already miss my Delta Mu pledge class. And I love my City family. And I can't wait for recruitment next spring and getting a little and meeting the new PC. And I kind of love all the chants and songs! They're so much fun to do.

Anyway, sentimentality over. Next big adventure? A vacation to visit some friends from my time in Korea in California and then off to SPAIN for the semester. True life, I'm a little traveler. Wanderlust dreams of high school coming true.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance