Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

a #^%*&$% kind of post

| | 0 comments
Okay, give me a second to regain my composure as I try to relay everything that pisses me off about the Colorado shooting. The shooting itself is absolutely atrocious and it's not really like I needed another excuse to not go and see a midnight viewing of a movie, but let me point out some things from this CNN article that make me say,

"America, what the f*** is wrong with you?"

I'm going in order of the article, by the way:


  • "One of the injured was 3 months old..." Dear parents of the 3 month year old, what the f*** are you doing at a midnight showing with your infant child? S/he should be cuddle up in a crib, sleeping soundly, not in the middle of a movie theater at a midnight showing of an action movie. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PARENTS TODAY? Stop being selfish. Get a sitter or something for the poor thing! Now look what's happened? THREE MONTHS, PEOPLE
  • "Cell phone videos take by someone..." Seriously? SERIOUSLY? You, cell phone video taker, could have been helping people someway, somehow, and you stood there and took a cell phone video. Forgive me for nitpicking, but I'm not amused by our generation's versions of events like this. 
  • "One police officer carried a girl believed to be about 9 with gunshot wounds to her back..." That sentence finishes with her not moving. Refer to my first bullet point about kids going to a midnight showing. I'm not sure about the age of nine. If she was with parents, I could potentially see it as more justified than the infant, but if she was with friends--no way, Jose. Also, to make it clear, f*** you, murderer for killing a nine-year-old girl and injuring a baby.
  • "ATF agents also are conducting emergency traces on the weapons used to see how they were obtained..." And people don't want stricter gun laws. I'm just going to point you to the chart to see where we, the US, stand compared to other places like the UK. No offense, Republicans, I want the strictest gun laws that can be imposed on this country, the second amendment be damned. 
  • "...copycat shootings..." Oh my gosh, the world is one f****ed up place.

Also some lessons I've taken from this event:
  • I'm never going to a midnight showing of anything ever again.
  • I'm never, ever going to Colorado nor am I ever moving my family there. This shooting took place mere miles away from the Columbine shooting from 1999. 
Things I hope other people have learned:
  • Think twice before you want to support the second amendment. All I ask is stricter policies in getting a gun not totally abolishing the right to have one. 
  • Think twice before taking your infant child to a midnight showing. Actually think twice before having kids if you're that stupid and selfish.
  • Drop the effing cell phone and help people.
Final thoughts: I hope they catch the a**hole who did this and punish him in the worst way possible.

Also: My condolences to the victims of this whole thing, even the stupid parents of the infant. It must feel like something out of a horror movie to have this happen on a night that was simply supposed to be a nice night out.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance