Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

on my dvr: "revenge"

| | 0 comments
So I've been seeing commercials and ads for "Revenge" all year, but given my schedule and the TV shows I'm already religiously dedicated to ("Glee," "Modern Family," "How I Met Your Mother," "Big Bang Theory," "Once Upon a Time"), I haven't been able to start watching it at all. A friend mentioned it in passing the other day, and once I finished my final, I clicked over to Hulu and tv-links.eu to start catching up. Forty-eight hours later, and I had finished all twenty episodes, and last night I watched the latest one (finale is next week!). Let me tell you, I am hooked. 
L-R: Nolan, Ashley, Jack, Emily/Amanda, Daniel, Declan, Charlotte, Victoria, Conrad

Basics: Seventeen or so years ago, Amanda Clarke's father was framed by the Graysons for laundering money to a group that caused a 1995 terrorist attack. He was sent to prison for life while Amanda was sent away never to see him again. He was stabbed to death when she got out of juvy, where Nolan informed her of his innocence and gave her a box that explained how he was framed and by who (which is pretty much everyone he ever trusted in his life). The depth of the cover-up by the Graysons is huge, and Amanda and Nolan are the only ones besides them who know the whole truth. Now, ten years after that moment, Amanda returns to the Hamptons where it all happened, disguised as Emily Thorne, bent on bringing down everyone who had a hand in destroying her father's life.

Best show I've seen lately. I'm serious; it's the best drama show I've seen in a while. Notice how most of my shows are generally funny comedies. I have watched dramas religiously in the past--"Grey's Anatomy" and "Desperate Housewives" and "Gossip Girl" but they tend to fall off my radar. This show has everything I love in a show--good fashion, good, consistent story line, believable characters, and handsome male characters (*cough*). Just watch, you'll get sucked in too. I love Emily, and I love Victoria Grayson! You'll see.

Of course, a few caveats. I'm a little annoyed at how quickly they're trying to demonize Daniel. I thought he'd have a little more depth than that. And I think he's the hottest character, so that may also be a factor. It's also really funny to see Serena's very feminine younger brother from GG become an Aladdin-type street kid in "Revenge." But it works. Kind of. Also while I realized Jack and Emily are the endgame, they don't have that much chemistry, and the writers are forcing it a little too much. Kissing right after Sammy's died? A little too soon...

But seriously, the way "Grief" ended, I can't wait for the finale.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance