Pages

Text Widget

All musings written by S.Elisabeth

SElisabeth17@gmail.com

A blog dedicated to the life of a contradictory college student whether it be long winded rants or pretty things that catch her eye.

Este blog está dedicado a la vida de una estudiante de universidad contradictoria, de los gritos largos o las cosas bellas que ella ve. Mi español es terrible, pero estoy intentando aumentar.

"I have a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than of boredom."-Thomas Carlyle
Powered by Blogger.

Current Read

Current Read

Recent Posts

Download

Unordered List

ridiculousness of technology

| | 0 comments
Too. Much.


As someone who secretly dreams of living a life like Anne Shirley of Green Gables, I am sickened of the amount of technology in my life. I was collecting my things from my den when I realized I was collecting a laptop, a Kindle Fire, and an iPhone. Not to mention a TV was playing the baseball game in the background, a TV with a DVD player, a sound system (whatever it's called), and a blu-ray player. I'm pretty sure Anne Shirley lived with none of this, and my secret-romantic-faux-novelist side is hitting me over the head. In fact, instead of keeping an extensive journal for future generations to read and analyze my literary brilliance and passionate ways (I kid, I kid), I've been blogging for the past four or five years. And I'm linked in to pretty much every social media outlet possible. And I spend a good portion on a technology daily--whether it be reading on my kindle, checking Facebook on my phone, doing e-mails on my computer. Heck, Alcott wrote every word of her novels by hand, and I type everything! 


What does this say about me? What does this say about my short attention span and ever changing mind? Or my inability to focus on my writing? Or the way I read? And the problem is, I would love to disconnect. I would love to toss all of it out a window and live via Green Gables with a pen and paper, maybe a typewriter. I would love to write long, lengthy letters to my college friends and keep a journal where my perfect penmanship truthfully records all my musings and thoughts. But I can't. This is our generation. I'm sure Anne would be blogging away if she lived today, and I'm sure she'd be the most connected chick on Facebook. I don't want to delete any aspect of my life in the tech world because it's how I stay in touch. Instead of writing a lengthy letter to my sorority sisters, I can just pop over to their wall and leave them a message.And when I go abroad, I can still see people when I skype. I like being connected. Who knows if I would even be interested in Korea at all without this technology? I know. I don't even know what I'm saying in this post. I'm trying to say I've been bitten a bit my the nostalgia bug, but at the same time I totally got the message from Midnight in Paris: "That's what the present is. It's a little unsatisfying because life is unsatisfying." C'est la vie. I can't even speak French.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twitter Facebook Dribbble Tumblr Last FM Flickr Behance